A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

GREEN MEANS GO

Today that is what I got from my doctor. I got the big green light to pretty much resume normal activity. He called it modified bed rest from this point on, but what he described is participating in most normal activities with some rest scattered throughout the day as I feel like I need it.

WOOOOO-WHOOOOOOO! That was such awesome news. I was expecting to be able to return to normal by Saturday, but he allowed it as of today. I have a whole huge list of things to do and I am ready to starting working on all the things I have had to let go for the last month. Yes mom, I promise to not push myself too much and be careful.

Baby Firecracker now appears to be staying put for quite some time to come. My cervix measured 3.1 today with no peak at all. That is very good for those out there who have no idea what I just described. No indication of labor coming soon and the doctor even mentioned that statistically I could easily go full term. The idea of not meeting this little guy for another month or more isn't my favorite, but I will push my impatience aside and focus on the fact that healthy and full term is a gift to be treasured.

He is still breech (feet down) despite the fact that I was certain he has been kicking me in the ribs. Apparently this fella has really sharp shoulder blades or strong arms. I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks. If Firecracker hasn't turned then they will schedule me for an external cephalic version in the days following that appointment. That basically means I will be admitted to the hospital and the doctor will attempt to turn the baby by rubbing and pushing in a very uncomfortable way on my belly. This technique has about a 60% (depending what article you read) success rate and little risk. There is a possibility that is will place too much stress on the baby, which is why it is done at the hospital with fetal monitoring. If at any point the heart rate were to begin to drop, I would be rushed to the OR for an emergency c-section. That is worst case scenario and does not happen often (according to Dr. B). I have also read that it can induce labor.

That is still two weeks away and I am just going to pray and believe that this little guy will turn on his own very soon. After all, this is my third pregnancy and on the last go there were two in there. There should be PLENTY of room for him to turn. For now we will get down to the business of returning to normal around our house. I vacuumed the downstairs this afternoon and have never been so happy to vacuum.

2 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

WOOOO HOOOO!

Did Beth text you about June 19th?

cjsmith said...

I'm so happy for you, and I will keep praying!