A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Monday, May 10, 2010

WE SURVIVED

Our family survived the day I had been dreading for the last year. I dreaded reliving every moment of our daughter's birth each time I looked at the clock. I dreaded all the "at this moment last year" thoughts. I dreaded trying to have a Happy Mother's Day while the children who aren't here with me were at the front of my mind. I dreaded having to go out a face anyone (thanks to bed rest that wasn't an issue). I dreaded it all!

We survived thanks to a God that provides comfort like no other and a ton of friends and family praying for us yesterday. No it wasn't an easy day, but we made the best of it. The three (almost 4) of us spent a wonderful day just being together. It was nice and my fellas worked hard to make sure I had a very special Mother's Day. Justin and I talked about our girls some, but I didn't want to be weepy in front of Grayson all day so we tried to keep those moments between the two of us.

We had lots of calls and messages from friends and family. One friend even planted sunflowers yesterday in memory of our girls. All of those gestures bring us comfort. If you called yesterday and didn't hear back from me, please know that I do appreciate the gesture. I don't like to talk on the phone about things that are upsetting. It means a lot to know that you were thinking of us and praying for us. I do appreciate the calls and the messages were very uplifting. I just have a hard time talking on the phone all day about it. Thanks for understanding.

Yesterday was certainly easier than May 9th one year ago. I suppose as each year passes it will get a little easier when May 9th rolls around on the calendar.

2 comments:

Kim said...

"Yesterday was certainly easier than May 9th one year ago. I suppose as each year passes it will get a little easier when May 9th rolls around on the calendar."

I can only hope with you that this is true. "time heals all wounds"- just the waiting for the time to go by to be healed seems like a daunting task but thanks to our ever-loving, God, we will all heal.

The Beaver Bunch said...

I thought about you so much on Mother's Day, and each time I prayed over your family.

Looking forward to seeing you soon, hopefully!!