A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

31 WEEKS

You will notice that being on bed rest has given me the opportunity to update our blog layout. Yeah, it took me like 3 hours because I am not tech savvy. Yes, I have other things to do. I actually have enough paperwork to keep me busy for several days, but I needed the mental break. In hind sight all the work figuring out how to change the blog wasn't really a mental break, but I was happy with the end result so that made it worth it.

The pictures are from Grayson's 2 year photography session. We used the same photographer we used last year for his 1 year pics that weren't taken exactly at one but in July. Her name is Christa and as you can see, she does an amazing job. If you live in this area and don't have a photographer for any upcoming pics that you are hoping to have taken of your kids or family you should check her out. Her website it www.mycreativeclicks.com She is located in the Apex/Holly Springs area, but will meet you at any location if you want an outdoor session instead of inside her home studio. We did the one year at the Rose Garden and the two year at the arboretum near NCSU.

So, today I am 31 weeks. That means this baby only has to make it one more week for me to be able to deliver at WakeMed with my doctor instead of at Duke. That would be awesome!!! Well, not the 32 week delivery part, but the delivery at Wake Med instead of Duke. A 32-week delivery not be awesome. We are hoping for more like a 34-36 week delivery.

I am feeling okay. I notice every little pain and cramp and there have been a lot of them. I wonder if they are normal and I notice them because I am sitting around or if they are actually contractions. When I do get up to use the restroom or go to bed I have a lot of pressure. I don't remember having that amount of pressure with Grayson until more like 36-38 weeks, but I don't know if that is significant either. If the cramps or the pressure get to where I have difficulty breathing through it, then I will call the doctor. I have always heard that is a good indicator that the pain is labor related and not normal pregnancy pains. Until then I will just pay attention to them, but assume they are normal and if I were up moving around more I wouldn't notice them.

Little Firecracker moves around a lot. He has also made some pretty large (like sci-fi style large)movements. I hope one of those were from him turning to the head down position. I pray daily for that change. I definitely don't want to go into labor with this baby breech.

We have already been blessed in a million ways since I posted on Thursday. People are signing up and bringing dinner, visiting, signing up for childcare, sending cards and gifts to keep me entertained, and offering tons of prayers. The prayers are definitely the most needed and are very appreciated. We have an amazing group of friends in Raleigh and even some in the surrounding areas that are helping us out and we also have a great supportive family. Justin is doing more than a million things to keep the house running. He is doing my jobs along with his usual, so the help we are receiving is an extra blessing to him. He says he is willing to do it on his own and I know he would do it gladly, but I also know he would be exhausted in a matter of days if not sooner.

All in all we are hanging in there and taking it one day at a time. I definitely want this little guy to stay on the inside as long as possible, but I pray for that time to pass quickly because I am not good at laying around when I am not sick. Next on my agenda is to get my paperwork done and finally do that San Diego and 2nd birthday party posting I have been promising.

No comments: