A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A LITTLE GREEN

Yesterday our crib bedding was delivered. Well, part of it. At any rate we now have something for this baby and I really feel like we can now start preparing a room for him and our future foster children. If you don't remember or didn't read it before we are putting up two cribs in preparation of our home inspections. We have to have a bed for any future foster children and since we are planning to foster babies, we have to put up an extra crib. That is why we only have part of the bedding. I had to split the purchase into two separate purchases so that it would not be so much money at once.

Grayson was waking up from nap when I saw the big box on the front porch. He is typically a little slow to wake and was a little confused looking about the fact that I was so excited about the huge box. As I opened it he started to look a little interested. That is until I pulled the blanket out and said, "Look Grayson! It is the blankets and bed stuff for the new baby!" His response? "No, not", which is what he says when he is not pleased with an idea or statement I have made. Throughout the afternoon and evening he continued to express his disgust for the big box and the contents for baby by trying to say that it was for him not baby, kicking the box whenever he walked past it, and telling daddy that the items in the box belonged to "me, mine" and crying out "nooooooo" if anyone tried to say otherwise. Hmmmmm. . .doesn't jealousy bring out the best in us.

His attitude did improve later in the evening. At our weekly small group meeting our wonderful friends had a little "Happy Baby Party" for us. We had yummy dessert and were blessed with some gifts of diapers and other necessities for the new baby. That was great because we didn't have a single little diaper in this house. No, we are not prepared for the arrival of this little one. Not even close. Anyway, Grayson helped open the gifts and seemed to get really excited over the baby's things. He didn't try to claim one thing for himself.

Seems the little green monster has left my little guy alone for the moment and jumped ship to me. My fellas left this morning for their weekend away. They will be home Saturday night and I have my wonderful aunt and sister coming to stay with me. It doesn't change the fact that I am not with my family during a very important time and that makes me just mad. I am jealous they are having fun without me, I am jealous everyone gets to see Grayson and Justin all dressed up this weekend, and I am jealous everyone is celebrating without me. Additionally, I miss them! I will sulk for a little while today, but at least I have plenty of stuff to keep me busy. Work is still busy and that should make these next two days pass quickly. Well, that and having two fabulous people hanging out with me!

No comments: