A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Monday, May 17, 2010

RAIN AND BED REST

I have decided that although I am very thankful for all the rain we have had today (our grass needed it badly), a rainy day is miserable for a bed rest mommy. I have had the lights on most of the day because it is that dark and cloudy outside. Having the lights on and no sunshine makes it feel like evening all day. The rain has been fairly constant and rain makes anyone sleepy especially someone who isn't supposed to get up off the couch. Motivation has been very hard to grab a hold of today. I have plenty of work related things to do and getting them done today has been a real chore.

It doesn't help that I am pretty tired today. We had a great and busy weekend. Yes, I know I am not supposed to be busy. I followed doctor's orders for the most part and lots of wonderful friends come to entertain me during my bed rest.

Friday during the day my friend Lauren was here to help me with Grayson and the Hantla kids. She brought her own 2 year old, Thomas and stayed ALL day. Four kids, two and under, are a lot to manage and she did a fantastic job. It was fun to get to spend some time with her and to watch Grayson and Thomas play together.

On Friday we had some wonderful friends bring dinner and a movie. Dinner and a movie is a pretty typical Friday activity for us. It was nice to feel like we were having a normal Friday night. Not to mention that these particular friends are a lot of fun to hang out with and I spent most of the night laughing, which is always a good feeling.

On Saturday after Justin spent the day working incredibly hard to get the house cleaned and the yard taken care of, he went off to work while I had visitors. Some of my White Lake girls came to visit. Jamie, Melody, and Katie brought an awesome dinner and great conversation. Jamie also brought her cute little tot, Lucas, so that Grayson had a friend to play with. I don't get to see those girls very often, but when we get together it is like no time has passed at all. It is interesting to think about the fact that the three of us have spent some pretty crazy Saturday evenings together, but I would venture to say that this Saturday ranks up there pretty high with some of my favorite Saturday nights with these ladies.

On Sunday my mom, Aunt Ret, sister, and nephew were here. We did not celebrate Mother's Day last weekend and my mom's birthday was on Friday. We had a day of celebrating our mom and grammy. It was so much fun. We had lunch, watched a movie, played with the kiddos, and even got some things done in the nursery.

All in all I had a fabulous weekend, but pretty exhausting. Which brings me back to my original point. Rainy days are hard on those of us on bed rest. Even if I can't go out and enjoy the nice weather, it makes for a much more tolerable day than gloom. Today I just feel really sleepy and not motivated at all.

No comments: