A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

THAT'S ONE FUNNY KID

Finally the sun came back out today, which has put me in a much better mood. I had a pretty productive day. Yesterday was equally great because I had a great friend here whom I have known for a very long time. This friend and I have known one another since middle school and although we don't see each other regularly it is nice to know that with those kinds of friends you can just pick up where you left off no matter how long it has been. She came up for the day leaving her own family to drive over an hour and keep Grayson, keep me company, and even made us a wonderful dinner. Those are those types of friends that your parents always tell you that you will probably only be able to count on one hand. Our current situation continues to prove just how blessed we are in the friend department.

Grayson has been having a blast lately and seems to have adjusted to all of his new routines. I really think he gets more and more hilarious with every passing day. These days when you ask Grayson about what he wants or needs to do you can say something like, "Do you think you should close it?" and he will say "Yeah do!" (Yeah I do) and then he happily complies. You can also say something like "Do you look handsome" and after going over to the mirror to check himself out he will reply, "Yeah do". Self esteem is no issue for this little guy. He also loves to go outside and swing high on his new swings. He asks for "more high" and then just laughs hysterically. He is quite pleased with his new swing set which he calls his "house" and will tell anyone who will listen, "my daddy built it!" or "my daddy built mine house." He is really loving Play Doh these days and asks for it pretty much every day. He even had a friend come over and help him make it homemade on one of the days that she was here to help me with him. He is now apologizing often without needing prompting to do so. If he bumps into someone he automatically says "Uh-oh sa-dee" (uh-oh sorry). Just tonight he bumped his head pretty hard on the banister while getting ready to go outside. He whined for a minute and then looked up at the railing and said "I sa-dee dat" (I'm sorry that) rubbing the railing. I guess that boo-boo was his fault.

Grayson is excited about his brother and loves showing anyone who comes by where the baby is going to live (the nursery). He has decided to call his brother "brudder" instead of by his name or baby. When you ask him the baby's name he replies "brudder". That is for "Brother", not the actual name. So for all of you people who think you are going to get the baby's name out of Grayson, too bad. His name for the baby is "Brother".

Grayson is also now sleeping in a big double bed. Gone are the days of the crib and toddler bed. The double bed was in what is going to be the nursery and it only made sense to move it to Grayson's room. Grayson likes his big bed and has no issue getting all cuddly in it with about 25 various stuffed animals, his blue bear, and his train bear. He looks so cute and cozy that it is hard to not just get in there with him and cuddle up at night to sleep.

I am doing well. I have one more week and 2 days of bed rest to go. Well, I guess that is provided things still look fine at my appointment next Wednesday. Let's not count our chickens just yet, instead we will keep praying that this baby stays put for a long as he needs to and that I don't go crazy sitting around in the mean time.

No comments: