A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

KEEP IT UP

I had my regular OB appointment today. It was my first appointment since beginning bed rest two weeks ago. Today I am 32 1/2 weeks. I was so nervous about the appointment that I didn't sleep at all last night. I even took my hospital bag with me because I was so worried we would get bad news. I have been having lots of contractions lately that have VERY much felt like real contractions and I was nervous about a shorter cervix or dilation.

When the doctor checked me today he was VERY happy with the improvements. My cervix length increased from a 2.2 to a 3.3. Additionally last week I had a peak of 1.7 which the doctor did not tell me. So technically I improved from a 1.7 to a 3.3. YAY! The bed rest is working and the contractions are just Braxton Hicks. At that point in the appointment I was hoping maybe he would say I didn't have to be on bed rest anymore. No such luck. I am assigned to bed rest for the next 2 1/2 weeks, but at least we know the bed rest is working and if I can keep it up at this rate this baby should not come early.

Things are going super well and I couldn't feel more blessed. So silly for me to be stressed out over today's appointment. God is probably just shaking his head about my doubt thinking to himself what a silly girl I am. That is what doubt and fear are, a lack of faith. No need for me to worry or stress, He is has gone before me and will prepare me to deal with the way He plans for this to unfold. It is just really hard for me to remember that when I think about the all of the things there are to fear in this situation. I am human after all.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay for a great doctors appointment!! :)

Kim said...

I totally get the nerves before any appointment. I don't think that type of fear goes away, especially going through what we've been through. Glad the appointment went so well.

cjsmith said...

So very glad to hear!! Is the furniture moved yet, or do you still need Chad's help? You can let me know on FB or email me at work. He's more than willing to do what he can.