A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

BLOGGER FOUL

It has been over a week since I last posted. I am not delusional enough to assume that all of my 12 followers are sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for me to update, but I do no like to go so long between posts. There have been tons of blog-worthy events lately. I have just been too busy to get to the computer. Well, that and our laptop computer bit the dust so until we can order a new one (hopefully tomorrow) I have to use the desktop. I am not a fan of sitting at a desk at 9 months pregnant for any length of time. It is rather uncomfortable.

Since Dr. B gave me the green light things have been pretty busy around here. Obviously I am still trying to take it easy and have rest time each day since he did say "modified bed rest", but that is easier said than done after you have missed a whole month of getting things done.

Work is incredibly insane right now, which is a blessing. I am thankful we are busy because summer is typically very slow for us. Each day I have to get more creative with the ways I find to things done there after being on bed rest for a month and now without my computer.

We have been busy as a family as well. Over the holiday weekend we went to White Lake for the day. That place always makes me feel refreshed although I will say that being outside in the heat and humidity was not fun for this pregnant girl. We also spend lots of time with friends and celebrated with some pool time and a cookout on Memorial Day while we remembered all those who serve so that we may have the freedoms that we often take for granted.

Grayson completed his first year of preschool last week. I can't believe that went by so fast. He is home this week and then he will begin a Monday, Wednesday, Friday summer program at his preschool next week. I have been super blessed to have him home this week. I have tried to make lots of special time for us since it is his last week home with mommy all to himself before the baby arrives. It hasn't been easy to juggle special mommy time and work, but I am determined to make it happen. Mommy time is important.

On Monday we obviously celebrated the holiday. On Tuesday my mom came up and between work commitments we took Grayson to Monkey Joes. We were going to go pick what is left of the strawberries, but it rained. I have wanted to take Grayson to a strawberry patch for the last two years and each year I have been on bed rest during peak strawberry picking time. It looks like we won't have any homemade jelly again this year. Monkey Joes was a blast, but I have to say that some of those big slides were a little scary. Grayson loved them, but obviously he is too little to get up by himself so mommy or grammy had to go up with him. I would love to know what some people were thinking to themselves when they saw me and my big belly come barreling down those big slides. Actually, I probably don't want to know what they were thinking. After Monkey Joes, Grayson spent the afternoon with Grammy while I attended meetings and they had a blast. Yesterday we went to work for a bit and then I took Grayson to swim and have a picnic at the kiddie pool and sprayground before returning home to work in the afternoon. I just love that place (the sprayground/kiddie pool not my home office)! We spent a lot of time there last summer and I hope even with the new baby we will be able to fit that in this year. Today I have to work, but Grayson will be with me and he enjoys that. Tomorrow we will have the Hantla kids here and that always makes for a fun day!

I am now 35 1/2 weeks pregnant. I don't think Firecracker has decided to turn yet, but I don't have another appointment until next Wednesday. We will find out then if he has turned. Despite the increase in activity, I don't really feel any different so I don't expect this baby to make a terribly early appearance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicole,

I have strawberry jam--lots of it. I will bring you a few jars.

Unknown said...

P.S. It is homemade (from fresh-picked-bladen-county strawberries.)