A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

39 WEEKS & BUSY-BUSY

I can't believe Little Firecracker is still hanging in there at 39 weeks. I really thought this baby would be here by now. Oh well, he will come when he is ready or he will be taken by c-section on Tuesday. Either way, this is our last weekend before Baby Brother arrives.

I don't have to make excuses about not blogging lately. We have been overwhelmed. In addition to preparing for our addition and trying to catch up from bedrest before maternity leave, we have been hit with some pretty major stuff lately. Some joyful, some sad. Some good, some bad. Some stressful, some relaxing. Some fun, some exhausting. Some easy, some overwhelming. Some for sharing, some not. During the rest of this post I will update about some of what we have been up to. Other things, I will not share. I will not apologize for not sharing because I don't feel led to share all of our personal goings on. Just know that we are overwhelmed on most days and as we are called to do as a family we are praying and working our way through it. God is carrying us and I have felt His presence more lately than I have in a while. For that, I am thankful.

As summer has gotten into full swing our schedule has changed a bit. Grayson is now in preschool on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. He will go for the month of June, have a break the week following Independence Day, and go for the month of July. He will be out in August and then return to school for the regular school year after we return from vacation in September. Baby Brother will be attending the same preschool in the infant room beginning in October. Grayson loves school. When he was out the week after Memorial Day he asked about his teachers almost every day. That let me know that I made the right choice by enrolling him in the summer program.

Since his schedule changed and public schools/universities are out (Mommy and Daddy Hantla work in education) we are no longer keeping the Hantla children on Fridays. Grayson really misses seeing them so we try to get together to play regularly. For their last week with us Katie and Bryce kept Grayson that Thursday evening so Justin and I could go on a date. Since they were at our home that evening and their kids were coming here Friday morning, we decided to just do a sleepover. So, Grayson had his first sleepover (other than his cousins) with Rin and Abe. They were adorable in the morning when they realized they were all waking up at the same place.


Grayson spent Father's Day weekend spending some time with my dad, Papa, and on Sunday spent the day with daddy. It was a fun weekend for Grayson. Nannie and Papa recently put in a pool at their house. For the 1 1/2 days we were there, Grayson spent most of his time in the pool. He has really gained a lot of confidence in the water, which make me feel more comfortable with him being in the water. With his water wings on, he is unstoppable. He loves to "jump high" into the pool all by himself and loves to swim without any help. You can see from the shots that he is a real fish.


He also had a great time swimming with Nanny and Papa, playing with Peyton, and riding the golf cart with Great Granny.



Grayson is talking so much more these days. I know I feel like I am saying that all the time, but every week he has a million new words and phrases. Some of them are pretty funny too. He likes to announce to anyone "I funny ha-ha" (a phrase he learned from Grammy) and he has occasionally tried to get out of trouble by declaring that what he did was "funny". We think he is hilarious and it has been hard to keep a straight face sometimes when discipline is necessary. He talks constantly while we are in the car. He has learned all about stoplights and announces that "Green mean go" when the light turns from red to green. He is becoming more indpendent and will begin most tasks by saying "I do it" and when offered help says "no, not!". We are working on using "no thank-you" instead. He is very compliant and polite most of the time. Our current favorite saying is his reply of compliance when asked to do something. Most of the time our good little boy says "Okay Mommy" or "Okay Daddy" even when you ask him to do something he doesn't particularly want to do (like say good-bye to his friends). Isn't he just too sweet?!?!?

We have hysterical moments around our house regularly. I try to make sure to blog about them so they are not forgotten when he is older. Just the other day, while on the potty, Grayson decided to give me a massage. I typically sit or squat on the floor in front of him when he is on the potty to make sure he doesn't fall in. He reached out and started massaging my shoulders. I have no idea where he learned this, but he is pretty good at it. He did my shoulders, neck, and arms. Later that evening we were at an outdoor movie near our house. There are so many fun, free things to do around here during the summer. Anyway, I wanted Grayson to show Justin how he could massage. He starts at my shoulders and before I know it he is massaging my, ummmmm, chest. Yeah, there were tons of people around. I wanted to crawl in a hole and hide. I am sure they were thinking, ewwwww what goes on at that house. It was hilarious!!!

Grayson likes to bed read to while he is having a number two on the potty. There is one book in particular that has made it to our downstairs half bath and since it is the only one in there, it has been read to Grayson a million times. I finally convinced him to read the book to mommy while he pottied the other day. Is pottied a word? Oh well! Anyway, he babbled on with some made up words and he "read" the book. It went something like this, "A ba be do pa to me ah du happens". So yeah, apparently the word "happens" is used it this book a lot. It was something I have never noticed, but apparently Grayson did. SO SMART!

So, here we are in our last weekend with just the three of us around the house. We went to dinner last night. Note to self, Grayson LOVES shrimp. I was craving seafood so we went to this place near our house. Justin and I considered letting Grayson share some of our meals and at the last minute ordered him his own kid's shrip plate. Good thing we did. Although it was as big as the shrimp plate I ordered, he ate all but 3 of the shrimp. He loved it! Today we took him to the sprayground. That is one of our favorite activities, but it is rare that daddy gets to go with us since I typically take Grayson during the week when I can escape from the office. I have a bunch of work to do this afternoon to prepare for next week and we have church tomorrow. All in all we are just trying to take it easy and get everything done to prepare for the arrival of Firecracker on Tuesday. I can't believe he will be here in 3 days.

Obviously there is still a chance that he will flip over and come on his own. I would be so happy with that and pray for it daily. So, if you want to pray for us and Baby Firecracker PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pray that he will turn and I will go into labor before Tuesday. That would be an amazing gift. I am not a fan of the C-Section and get more nervous about it the closer we get to the 29th.

No comments: