A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Friday, December 20, 2013

YIPPIE!!!!

We are out for Christmas break! Yahoooo! We closed up home school shop on the 13th, little guys' preschool ended on the 18th(although they were sick and didn't go), and Big guy's school ended today! Bring on the celebration!

I realized when I planned to post this today that it would come across as confusing to those who don't know us so well. I figured there would be a couple of, "Wait, who do you home school?" considering I just stated that both little guys and the big guy's school ended for break this week. I thought there might be a few, "Wait, I thought you were home schooling?" considering I have talked some about that on Facebook and IG. I also assume there are some readers who don't know what the hay we do. I know I have a few new-ish readers and a few friends who read that we haven't seen in a while so I wanted to clear the air.

We do both. Well, sort of. My boys are 5, 3, and almost 2. Since I work five half-days per week as a contract speech therapist at an amazing private school, my boys have to be somewhere in the mornings. That is the reason the two little ones are in a church preschool setting. It gives me the time I need to work outside of the home and it is a wonderful environment for them to get some peer exposure, education, and fun in. Yes, they could get that with a nanny but (in case you didn't know) half-day preschool is WAAAAAAY cheaper.

My five-year old is a little more of a complicated story. For that I have decided to write a two-part (maybe three if the Lord leads) post on what we are doing with him and why. The short story is that he does Kindergarten at home with me in the afternoon and in the morning he goes to a Pre-K class at the private school where I work. What makes that complicated is the reason we made that arrangement and the journey God took us on to get there. I think it is kind of a neat story and one I am feeling the Lord's prompting to share. So, stay tuned.

No comments: