A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

YUCKY UPDATE

Notice: If you have not read the January 12 post, read it first.

So the yuckiness (yes I am making up all these yucky words) continued through the night and no one slept in our house.

This morning Grayson was still acting like he felt queasy and refused to eat or drink. I can't say I blame him after the night he had. My biggest concern was getting his antibiotics in him that were prescribed yesterday for his pneumonia. I don't want that to get any worse. Oh and yes, he still had a fever this morning.

The pediatrician recommended a fluid trial. 1 tsp. of Pedialyte every 15 mins for one hour. If that stays down increase to 1 tblsp of Pedialyte every 15 mins for 1 hour. If that stays down then begin the BRAT foods with Pedialyte as much as he will tolerate. If that stays down then he can have meds.

It wouldn't be this week in our lives if I hadn't used the last of the Pedialyte a couple of weeks ago when he had fever and the poops. So, we have to venture out to Target to get some and I am thinking the whole time, please don't puke in the store.

He didn't and we made it home fine with our Pedialyte, Gatorade, and Ginger Ale (just in case I pick this sickness up too) in tow. We made it through 30 minutes of the fluid trial and Grayson started SCREAMING for something to "eat". So we skipped the middle steps and he is currently eating plain cherrios and drinking a cup of pedialyte. I hope I don't regret this in another half hour or so.

No comments: