A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

WHY NOT KEEP THINGS INTERESTING?

Things around here just keep getting more and more interesting. Not in a good way. On Wednesday Grayson continued to do well. He didn't get sick again and continued to snack on bland foods and Gatorade or Pedialyte. Finally on Thursday we decided to get back to a bit of a normal routine. He went to preschool (9-12:30) and I went to my office for a bit. After preschool and work we came home to rest for a bit before going to pick up some groceries. After all of that we were exhausted. I had zero stamina.

We made sure to get rest Thursday afternoon and night so we could tackle a full day on Friday. Thursday night Grayson refused to eat dinner and had a bit of an rough diaper, if you know what I mean. Friday morning he seemed okay, but refused breakfast again (including anything to drink). He got down from his highchair and started playing so I figured he just wasn't hungry.

I dropped him off at daycare only to get a call around 2 saying I needed to come get him. Apparently Grayson had screamed all day, refused any sort of food or liquids, and had not had a wet diaper. No wet diapers and no drinking often equals dehydration. So, I go to get him calling the doctor on the way. When I got there he looked TERRIBLE. He had cracked and dry lips, a completely dry mouth, and he wouldn't even sit up on his own. The pediatrician gave me the opportunity to go home and do a fluid trial. She said if he refused or threw up I would have to take him to the hospital for IV fluids. She said to continue the fluid trial throughout the afternoon and if he had not had a wet diaper by 6:00 to go to the hospital for IV fluids.

Home we go! Grayson refused to drink so I had to strongly encourage him to let me put a syringe of pedialyte in his mouth. We did that 1 teaspoon at a time, every 10 minutes, for an hour. His color started coming back, he perked up a little, and then he had a wet diaper. YAY! After the diaper change he asked for a banana and just continued to improve throughout the evening.

He has had bad diapers, you know what I mean, since that day. Some of them making a real mess of things. He also still seems to not feel quite right. He occasionally refuses meals, but I make sure to have him drink so we don't get back to such a rough state.

I addition Justin woke up this morning with the same stomach junk. He is REALLY sick. Just when I thought it was time to sanitize and move on, we are right back at nursing and spraying some Lysol when I have the chance. When will this be over??? We are going on week 3!!!

Please pray that all of the sickness leaves our house. Also pray that I don't get this stomach junk. I am 16 weeks pregnant. At 16 weeks with the twins I got the first round of two in two weeks of a very bad stomach virus and still wonder if those two rounds of violent illness and dehydration didn't contribute to my pregnancy issues. I am terrified of getting a stomach bug at this point in my pregnancy, REALLY terrified!

No comments: