A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

POTTY UPDATE

Today was better. I am less frustrated and much more motivated to stick with it. Justin got a little more frustrated today, but it was his first full day doing the potty routine since he was gone most of the day yesterday. I can imagine that he felt this afternoon about the way I felt yesterday afternoon. However, I can see the huge progress being made and I am happy that I pushed through my frustration.

Today Grayson continued to be cooperative. In the early afternoon he became a bit reluctant to go and sit on the potty at times. I quickly realized that he was reluctant when he didn't have to go. That is a great sign because it means he is starting to recognize what it feels like to need to go. Once I went from having him go every thirty minutes and moved him up to every 45-60 minutes he was much more cooperative and has a successful visit (meaning he did something in the potty)almost every time he went.

Grayson sat on the potty 21 times today. Of those visits only three were because of accidents!!! Two of those accidents were during meal times. Grayson went number 1 on the potty nine times today and three of those times he asked to go. Grayson asked to go number 2 on the potty after his dinner accident and tried but wasn't able to go. I think he is still having a little trouble relaxing (he will die when he reads this at age 16 or so).

SOOOOO as you can see we are making progress. I will be home with him tomorrow for our final day of boot camp before taking what we have learned out of the house. If he is doing well I may venture out for an outing tomorrow. He has a rash all over his body so a trip to the pediatrician will probably have to work it's way into our agenda. That seems like a good way to practice an outing.

No comments: