A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

JUST A LITTLE STICK

Praise, praise, praise. My appointment went well today. Cervix is measuring 3.9 which means no bed rest for now. Thank you Lord and thanks for the prayers. I was so nervous going in and couldn't stop smiling when the doctor reported the measurement.

Dr. B also checked the gender again and he is still certain we are having a boy. I think I am convinced now too. Today marks the start of 17-P. This is a type of hormone injection I will be taking from now until I reach 36 weeks. Studies have shown it decreases the chance of preterm labor. Since they never figured out why my water broke early with the twins, we are taking this precautionary step to be on the safe side. Justin had to go with me to learn how to give me the injections. Good times! I only have to do them once per week. Since I go to the doctor every other week I will receive my injections there every other week and Justin will only have to do it on the weeks I am not going to the doctor. It didn't hurt so bad and doesn't seem like it is going to be a big deal since there are no side effects.

Tomorrow we leave for a much needed weekend away. We will be traveling to the mountains with my mom and her husband, Troy. My aunt Ret is going along with my sister, my nephew, and my sister's boyfriend. I am SUPER excited!!! We are just going away to relax, which is just what I need after all the sickness we have had around here to start off 2010.

On another note, please be in prayer for my friend who is having difficulty getting pregnant. This situation has been weighing on my heart heavily. There are so many women out there who struggle with this every day and suffer each month as the women around them continue to easily have babies. It is a feeling beyond what most of you can understand to want a baby so badly and have your body not cooperating. I will not share the details because it is not my story to tell, but please pray that God will resolve all issues and bring them a healthy pregnancy and baby VERY soon.

No comments: