A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

AHHHHHHHHH

We returned home today from a wonderful weekend away. On Thursday we loaded up the truck (predicted snow meant we needed the 4WD) and headed West on 40 to Linville. We were met there by mom, Troy, Aunt Ret, Brooke, Bradley, and Peyton. Troy's very sweet mom allowed us to stay in her beautiful mountain home for 3 peaceful nights and 4 marvelous days. It was amazing and more than a blessing. I really needed the weekend away and it has been ages since I got to spend that much time with that side of our family just watching movies, reading, watching it snow, and relaxing.

Who couldn't feel relaxed and peaceful with this view and in this beautiful home




Grayson had a blast during his stay. It was his first visit to the mountains of NC and I think he really enjoyed himself. Grayson didn't actually get to see the mountains until Saturday afternoon due to lots of snow and fog on Friday and most of Saturday. He agreed that they were beautiful. Grayson was able to enjoy lots of time with his Grammy, Pap-pa, and Aunt Ret. They didn't spoil he and Peyton at all. The boys are finally at an age where they really enjoy seeing one another, well until one takes a toy from the other. The boys had fun checking out the snow.

They enjoyed BIG bubble baths together and eating ice cream in the tub. Which is something only a Grammy would let them do.

Grayson also enjoyed some quality reading time while Peyton napped.

Their favorite activity, by far, was riding the elevator. I could not get a picture of that to post. They all turned out blurry because they we both so excited to be in there they couldn't stop jumping around. I am sure there is a way to adjust the settings on my camera to get a clear picture, but I haven't had time to read the manual since I got the camera in September. I know, I know.

All in all we had an amazing weekend. Gosh, I wish I could still be there. It was peaceful, calming, relaxing, heartwarming, cozy, restful, rejuvenating, uplifting, and just plain special to spend that kind of family time in such a beautiful atmosphere. I hope we get to go back again. THANKS a million Mom, Troy, and Linda!

No comments: