A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

BABY UPDATE

So we have passed the half-way mark and have passed the point in the pregnancy when our twins were born. That has brought us to a point of a little more comfort and where we are feeling like this baby may really come home with us.

I had my "Big" ultrasound this week. It would have been on Thursday, but my doctor needed me to come in on Tuesday for other reasons and did it during that appointment. Basically I have been having severe back pain for several weeks in my right shoulder. We have ruled out kidney, gallbladder, pancreas, and liver issues. On Monday I was in horrific pain and called my OB back to let him know that I wasn't doing any better. He had me come in Tuesday to check things over. He feels he has determined the back pain is not baby related and I will see my general practitioner on Thursday to figure out our next step.

The "Big" ultrasound is the referred to as such because that is typically when you find out gender and they do all the measuring and checking of the baby to look for abnormalities. We were already certain we were having a boy and received confirmation again on Tuesday. He is not shy with that fact at all. Baby Firecracker is weighing in at approximately 14 ounces and all of his measurements are right on track. We are sticking with a July 3rd due date and everything looked great. My cervix is still measuring within the "good" range and I will continue my weekly injections of 17-P as a precaution.

On another note Wake County Human Services called today to find out if we are ready to move forward with the fostering process. Our licensing agent had to leave a message because I was doing a speech evaluation. I called her back to say "yes" and to find out what exactly "moving forward" is in their world. I was kind of under the impression that we were waiting on them, but her voice mail made it sound like she may be waiting on us to make a move. Who knows!?!?!? I will keep you posted on that front and on all else going on in our world.

1 comment:

The Beaver Bunch said...

So glad everything looks good with your cervix. Praying your back pain is alleviated quickly.

Yay for proceeding with the fostering! God is so fun!