A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Monday, November 8, 2010

HELD

I have started this post a million times. A million times I have sent it back to the saved area because I just wasn't sure where God was prompting me to go with it. It started with a song and I am still not certain if I have it right, but here goes nothing.

Along the right side of my blog there are links to the blogs that I read. I actually read many other blogs, but the ones on the side are the ones I read most often. It isn't an accident or just for fun that I have them listed there. It is because those blogs encourage me or inspire me in some way and I list them in hopes that someone who may stumble upon my blog may end up heading over to one of those and be inspired or spoken to in the same way that I have been.

Some of the blogs are the blogs of friends who are at the same or a similar place in life as I am. No secret that those interest me because I can relate and often times we (me and those bloggy friends) are dealing with the same life challenges. Well, that and I like to keep up with what is going on with my friends.

There are other blogs that I read because I find the subject matter inspirational in one way or another. I read blogs by friends who are fostering and adopting. I read blogs written by friends who are missionaries. I also read some blogs that are sort of devotional in nature. Then there are two friends whose blogs stand out from the others and those blogs are what prompted me to write this post.

I have two friends who blog and right now they are in the midst of life storms that I can barely relate to. I have spent countless hours praying for these friends. Before I share the song God has laid on my heart to share with you all, I want to tell you about these women.

First there is my awesome friend "M". "M" is the kind of friend anyone would consider themselves lucky to have. "M" is funny, interesting, smart, kind, and devoted. Yeah, she is pretty much awesome. "M" and her equally awesome husband have wanted a baby for a long time now. Things weren't happening quickly for them and so they started seeing doctors. Many months later "M" has dealt with a diagnosis of endometriosis, surgery, and the determination that IVF may be the only way for she and hubby to have a little darling of their own. "M" recently found out that their first attempt at IVF failed. Here is this woman who I know will make an awesome mother. Here is a woman who has watched most of her closest friends have babies in the last few years and who even helped us get little Baylor here by helping out when I was on bed rest. I know that the realization that the IVF didn't work must have been devastating news for her. It is hard to understand why someone who would make such an awesome mother and who has the desire in her heart to have babies has yet to be blessed with one. On top of that, she is now dealing with a failed IVF.

I also follow the blog of "S". "S" is married with two beautiful daughters. "S" and her husband were high school sweethearts. "S" is my age and her husband has terminal brain cancer. He is currently living at our local Hospice House. "S" is facing a very uncertain future and on a daily basis gracefully deals with the reality that this cancer has brought to her family.

My two friends are in the midst of storms that bring heartache, pain, loss, frustration, tears, and emptiness. Although their particular situations may not be something we have endured, we all deal with trials that bring seemingly unbearable challenges. I know. I have been there and the only thing that pulled me through was the knowledge that God was with me every step of the way. He always carries us. "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4

The song I have included with this post spoke to me about God's love for me and how he carries us through trials when I was in the middle of my own storm. Please pray for my dear friends, "M" and "S". Pray that God will guide them through their storm and that they will feel His love and encouragement every step of the way. I pray every day that "M" and "S" will feel "held" by the God that loves them so very much. He doesn't promise this journey will be easy and without trials, but he does promise that we will not endure it alone.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thank you for sharing. That is one of my all-time favorite songs. I'll be praying for your friends.