A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

READER INTEREST

I found it very interesting after posting my mommy question about shcedules that many people read my blog that I was unaware of. I know that our family checks in often to see what is going on. After all, I started blogging to keep family updated. I also know that my Aunt Ret is my most committed reader. She checks our blog daily for updates. I guess lately she has been greatly disappointed by my lack of blogging. Anyway, I have some friends following and then the followers that are listed on my page. I was pleasantly surprised to receive emails, FB messages, and comments about scheduling from lots of moms and even one friend who isn't a mom yet but sent a message just to offer help when I need it. The icing on the cake was that I didn't know most of those people followed. It was so awesome to see that something I wrote at some point sparked the interest of someone else enough for them to continue reading along. That same fact initially prompted a little extra pressure about what I write. For a couple of days I was a little stressed about keeping things interesting, but I have since decided that I will just keep chugging along as I have been. After all, you all have been somewhat interested so far, I didn't really know you were there reading along, and if you stop I probably won't know either. I am excited to know that there are more people I thought that I can go to for advice and more people than I realized praying with us when we ask.

So there, that is what has been on my mind. We haven't plugged in our new schedule yet. This week has been a little chaotic and the new routine fell apart before I even got started. No biggie! I have made some adjustments and we will go at it again next week with a trial run scheduled for tomorrow. It also made less sense to start this week because this is Grayson's last week of preschool. He will be out until the second week in September. A schedule this week would have just needed to be adjusted for the next several weeks.

This week I have been interviewing potential candidates for a part-time nanny position. Grayson and Baylor will both be attending the Mom's Morning Out Program in the Fall. Grayson begins at the beginning of September and Baylor will start at the beginning of October. They will will go there Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for a half-day. So, we are looking for someone to keep them from 12:30 when they get out until 4:30 or 5 when I can get home. That will give me 3 full days in the office and 2 days working from home/spending time with the boys. I have interviewed a few people so far and have one really good looking candidate left to interview. I praying God will send the right person who will love our children and care for them the way I would if I could be home with them those afternoons.

No comments: