A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

BAD BLOGGER AWARD

If there is such a thing, then I should get it. I have not blogged in ages. How funny that my last post was about keeping the interest of my readers and then I just took a hiatus. Well, I am back for those of you who have decided to stick around.

Things are going well here. My lack of blogging has been due to our continued struggle with a routine. We have one. It just changes pretty regularly. In the beginning I just couldn't get everything in and I was frustrated. That is not the case these days. I still struggle to get EVERYTHING in, but the ever-changing schedule we have now is because each day is just a little different. We are getting most everything done these days. Grayson is on summer break from preschool, our nanny hasn't started yet, work is insanely busy for both me and Justin, and we are just kind of making it work as we go. This is only until the beginning of September so I am okay with a couple more weeks of things being a little less routine each day than I would prefer.

Yes, we finally found a nanny and we are really excited about brining her into our family. As it turns out, some very good friends of ours had a family member that was looking for a new family to nanny for part-time. Her schedule worked with ours and the rest is just the perfect plan of God working out in front of us once again. I was so stressed about a stranger coming into our home. This woman feels like a friend since I know her sister so well. God is so good! She starts when we return from our beach vacation in September.

In the mean time we have been piecing together childcare as we go. Some days I can take them both with me to work, but this past week I had WAY too much going on in the office to make that work. It has been wonderful for the boys because for the last week they got to spend some time with people who don't typically get to see them on week days. On Monday Justin stayed home with the boys. They had a boys day and I am certain Grayson enjoyed his day with daddy. Although, when I left for work and Justin explained that he would be staying home while I worked Grayson said, "Uh-oh Daddy". On Wednesday my dad came up and spent a Grandpa's Day with the boys. Yes, he had both all on his own. They had a great day and even made it out to play at the mall playground. On Thursday evening Grammie and Aunt Ret arrived to spend all day Friday and Friday evening with the boys so that we could work during the day and have a date night Friday night. I am certain Grayson kept his Aunt Ret on her toes between the train and puzzles and my amazing mom (with the help of Grayson and Ret) did all of our laundry. That was a HUGE blessing. We are so fortunate to have grandparents and other family close enough to help us when we need them. Grayson always has the best time when his grandparents come to visit.

Baylor is doing well. He is still getting up once during the night, but that isn't bad for a 7-weeker. He will be two months old this coming week and has his check-up Friday. That is the first shot appointment. I am dreading it.

Well, I have about 20 minutes before it is time for Baylor to eat again and Grayson is down for a nap. Time for my power nap before we get into our busy afternoon routine.

No comments: