A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

BAYLOR-1 MONTH

I can't even believe it is already time to write this post. The last month has been a blur. It seems like Baylor should still be days old, not a whole month. We are gradually adjusting to life with the newest member of our family. Thanks to all the wonderful ladies who sent me schedule recommendations and offers of advice. It was really interesting to see how different all the schedules and routines are. I have been able to take bits and pieces from all of them and I am hoping to get into a good new routine by next Monday. That is my goal. Additionally, I have been taking iron supplements for the last couple of days (I have a history of Anemia) and that seems to be helping with the exhaustion and headaches.

Back to Baylor. . .(I promise to go in and add pics to this post tomorrow, it is late and I am too tired to download them). This little darling continues to be a real treat. He is starting to settle into an eating and sleeping routine. Baylor sleeps a lot more during the day than I remember Grayson sleeping at 1 month, but as long as he is sleeping at night I am fine with his daytime sleeping habits. Baylor has dropped his 1 am feeding two out of the last 3 nights so I know he is on the verge of dropping that feeding permanently, which makes me very happy.

During the day, when he isn't snoozing, Baylor likes to watch everyone else in the family and likes to be part of the action. I have started carrying him around in my Chicco carrier in the afternoons because he likes to be able to look around at all the busy goings on of the afternoons in our house. He does not like to be left alone during his awake time. If it gets too quite while he is on his play mat or on his tummy he becomes very unhappy. He likes action and he loves to be entertained by his big brother.

Baylor has given some accidental grins, but isn't smiling consistently yet. When he grins he seems to have dimples. We will see if those dimples stick around when the real smiles come.

Baylor is still having a little trouble while eating and his pediatrician has recommended we see a feeding therapist (funny to me because that is what I do) and have a swallow study. Initially Baylor had lots of milk coming out of his nose while nursing and seemed to be having a hard time coordinating his suck, swallow, breathe pattern. The pediatrician made her recommendation and I decided to give it a couple of weeks to see what I could try using my own expertise. I was able to remedy most of his issues, but I will still make the appointments to be certain he is doing okay and there aren't any other issues going on that aren't as glaring.

We also had Baylor's newborn pictures done. You can view them at www.mycreativeclicks.com. Once you get to the gallery you will see Baylor's folder. The password is Caldwell.

Happy One-Month Birthday little Bay Bear. You have been an amazing addition to our family and we all love you so very much. We really look forward to all the joy you will bring as you continue to grow over the coming months.

1 comment:

The Beaver Bunch said...

Oh my word those photos are PRECIOUS. I love all of them.

On another note, Ashlee had oral therapy when she was little b/c she had latch/suck/swallow issues.

It's funny to me now that she ever had issues with her mouth b/c now, IT WORKS JUST FINE. ;)