A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Friday, May 15, 2009

SO MANY BLESSINGS

I can now say that our little family has to be one of the most loved families in the world. There is no doubt that the last few weeks have been one of the most trying of my life. I am almost certain Justin and Grayson would agree. That being said, even now in the midst of our grief and sadness we can't ignore that fact that God has blessed us with an amazing support system to carry us thru. I can't imagine where we would be without the many people, family, friends, and coworkers, who have been praying and loving us thru the loss of Faith and Avery.

We have received hundreds of messages through e-mail, this site, and Facebook from people who are praying for us. Those messages often bring tears, but also encouragement. Every day has brought cards, flowers, and food. All of which brings joy to our day and again, encouragement. Our church small group has been here in that "just what we need" kind of way. They visit and allow us to talk about our girls when we need, but bring plenty of conversation about other things which is needed just as much.

I am certain that no other family is as amazing as our's. My mom didn't often leave my side at the hospital, but knew just when I needed some time alone. My sister has provided the support that only another sister and new mom can provide. My dad, always a source of encouragement and strength, is taking care of all the "not fun" details that come with the death of a family member. By doing that he has allowed us to focus on our healing. Justin's mom, brothers, sister-in law, sister, and my aunt Ret have managed to take care of us in just the right way by helping with Grayson and making home a comfy place to be. We have a huge family and they all, even those not individually mentioned, have all loved on us so much during this time.

I know that all of this support is nothing but a big gift from God. He has shown us over and over again that He will not bring us to something that He can't carry us thru. During this lifetime I may not know the exact reason why God chose to take our girls to Heaven before we thought we were ready. We can't always know those things during our time here. I have peace with that and I can press on thru this trial because I know that I will be able to spend an eternity with Faith and Avery in Heaven.

No comments: