A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Monday, May 4, 2009

HOME SWEET HOME / UPDATE

Grayson has been on a little vacation to Granny and Granpa's house in Wade. With all that was going on in our house, we decided that it may be good to get him away for some fun while we settled into a new normal. On Thursday of last week Grandpa came to pick up an unusually fussy and really congested Gray Bear. I can only figure that he was already reacting to the change in routine and lack of Mommy.

Thankfully he returned home last night. Justin and I were both missing our little man like crazy. I think Grayson missed us too, but there is no doubt he had a blast and got a little spoiled too. Grayson spent his days shopping, riding and apparently "driving" the golf cart, dining out with family and friends, visiting Great-Granny, and bird watching. Between having Granny and Grandpa to take Grayson over the weekend, having mom, Brooke, Ret, and Troy helping around our house this weekend, and the amazing amount of e-mails and calls from people praying for us we have never felt more blessed. It is amazing to realize how many people you have loving and supporting you in times like these.

I also want to update everyone on our girls. I have been on bed rest officially for 5 days. There are no signs of contractions or labor, which I think is a huge surprise to the doctors. As of tomorrow we will have made it beyond the one-week goal. Remember I said that the majority of women go into labor and lose both babies within the first week. This is one situation that I am thankful to be in the minority and hope to stay there. I spoke with my OB-GYN this morning and he was optimistic and happy to hear that I am hanging in there. We talked about the odds (the realty I hate to hear), but he is a Christian and is also praying for a miracle for our babies. On Friday of last week I was told by my doctor at Duke Perinatal to go to Western Wake (where my OB is) if I go into labor. I discussed this with Dr. Brannon, my OB, today and we both agreed that the best place for me in preterm labor would be Duke, not Western Wake. He assured me that he wants the greatest chance of survival for my babies and that would be at Duke. No I am not becoming discouraged. I am still believing in God for a miracle and hope to not make a move to Duke until I am admitted there at 24 weeks, but it would be foolish to not make a plan for preterm labor between now and then. Our continued prayer needs for now are that I would not go into labor, Baby A will continue to survive and thrive in the womb, and that she will continue to produce fluid and hang on to enough of it.
Thanks again for all the prayers and support.

No comments: