A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Monday, December 6, 2010

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR

Yes, the Christmas season is in full swing. Our calendar is jam packed from now until after the New Year. I wouldn't have it any other way. Every event, evey occasion is an opportunity to gather with family and friends and celebrate.

This is my favorite time of year. That shouldn't be a surprise. I love birthdays and this is the most important birthday of all to celebrate. I love the buzz and the insanity that exits between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love shopping, I love baking, I love Christmas music, I love Christmas parties, I love Christmas plays, I love Christmas movies, I love live nativities, I love going to see decorations, I love the buzz at the mall, I love looking for the perfect gifts, I love reminding those around of the real reason for this season, and I love spending time with the people I love. I guess you get that I love everything that comes with this most magnificant holiday. I also love that we get to do all of these things to acknowledge and celebrate the birth of our savior. The shopping, baking, gathering, and celebrating is all about the love for those in our lives and for our Savior. We do all of this fun Christmas stuff to show love to others the way God showed He loved us by sending His son. Who couldn't love this time of year?

Does it get crazy? Sure it does! Already this year we have been sick, I have several returtns to make from buying the wrong thing, and our tree has fallen over. Yes, fully decorated and all it came crashing down. None of that has taken away a bit of my cheer. This year especially I am loving that Grayson is really starting to grasp the story of Jesus and what Christmas is all about. Isn't that amazing!!! I can't wait to see his little program at preschool. It is going to be amazing. Also, little Baylor may be baby Jesus for live nativity at our church celebration. If it is too cold they will use a doll, if not Baylor will be sitting in as Jesus for an hour. Awesomeness!!!

As part of our holiday ritual we had our friend Kelly come by to take our family Christmas picture. Yes, I will send out a card to those of you I have addresses for. However, there are many of you sneaky readers that I don't know in real life and I don't have an address for. So for all of you. . .



MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE CALDWELLS!

This is not the pic we used for the Christmas cards so for those of you with one on the way, you will still have something to look forward to. If any of you local folks are looking for someone to take some family pics. Let me recommend Kelly. I think she did a fantastic job.

1 comment:

Jennifer Webster said...

I love the picture! And Grayson looks so handsome with his cute, little hair cut. Let's try and get together over the holidays!