A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

WHAT A GREAT DAY. . .

Grayson and I had a great day yesterday despite the rocky start. On Monday evening Aunt Brooke and little cousin Peyton arrived at our house for the big day we had planned on Tuesday. We had been planning for weeks to take the boys to have Christmas pictures made and then to see Santa.

Like I said, the morning got off to a rocky start. Monday evening I noticed some rash and swelling in Grayson's "diaper area". By Tuesday morning it was WAY worse. Once I called the doctor and described what things looked like (I will spare the details for those of you who are already embarrassed for Grayson and how he may feel about this blog in 15 years) she said that I needed to bring him in right away. By 10:30 we were on our way home, running late for pictures, and with our diagnosis of an inflamed yeast infection. Poor buddy had to get a special cream.
So I know the title of this entry indicated that I was going to share something about a great day. Yeah, I am getting there. So, we get home and Grayson goes down for a short nap while I get ready for the day ahead. By 12:10 we were on the road and running only a few minutes behind.
The rest of the day was AWESOME!!! Right as we arrived for pictures it started to snow. Grayson and Peyton got to feel their fist ever snow flakes as we were going into the picture place. They both did so awesome for their pictures. According to the photographer, Grayson looks like "a little meatball" when he sits on the floor. What does that even mean?!?!? Brooke and I were so proud by the time we finished. After pictures it was time for the moms to get a reward. Off to Olive Garden we went!!! While having an amazing lunch (both boys were gems during lunch) it started to snow again! We were right by the window and had such a good time chatting, eating, and watching the snowfall. For those of you who do not live here let me say, we don't have snow at all. It was like 70 a few days before so all of the snow that fell melted as soon as it hit the ground. Only in NC!!!!
After lunch we went back to pick up the pictures and then we were off to the mall. It was time for Grayson and Little P to meet the Big Man in Red. Let me share here that by the time we arrived at the mall it was going on 5:00, the wind had picked up to about 70 mph and the wind chill out had to be around 12 below. You should have seen the four of us trying to get out of the car with diaper bags, strollers, blankets, and cameras. Babies were crying and all Brooke and I could do was laugh so hard it was embarrassing on so many levels.
We finally made it into the mall and to Santa about two minutes before his scheduled dinner break. What an event! Obviously we bought pictures of that too. I so thought Grayson would try to eat the beard, but he didn't. He didn't even really seem like he noticed a strange man in a bright red suit was holding him.
After that it was time to head home and time for Brooke and Peyton to hit the road. We really did have such an awesome day. Most of you know that my sis is pretty much my BFF. We don't get to see each other enough now that we both have little babes. I can honestly say that I will never forget Grayson's first snow and first visit to Santa not because we have pictures to document all of it, but because I got to experience all of it with my sis and little nephew. We are so blessed!

No comments: