A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Friday, November 7, 2008

THE NEXT STEP

It has taken me days to process the results of the election and to gather my thoughts on the siutation. Nope, our guy didn't win. We are in the minority of our nation with our political views. I am not mad, just disappointed. I was reminded by my mother-in-law that only God can determine the rise and fall of nations. God is also greater than any political figure and will never abandon His children or give them anything they can't handle. Although I am afraid for our nation, I am a firm believer that as an American you have to support and pray for your government and it's leaders. I will move forward from this election year and enter the next four years prayerfully. I will being praying for our new president and his family, our military, our children (born and unborn), our safety and security, our religious freedoms, and our business owners (small and large).

It is so amazing to look into the eyes of my little guy and know that he has none of these worries as a child. He doesn't understand the election, which was evident by the look on his face when we woke him at 6 am to go vote. He is even far from the realization that we live in America and we are governed by elected leaders. It is comforting to know that he doesn't have to know or think about what is going on in the world. However, my fear is that he may never know the amazing America that his parents grew up in.

No comments: