A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Friday, March 21, 2014

LITTLE PREACHER

Earlier this week I spent some time with Grayson's class as they were learning about missions. Grayson answered a question that the guest speaker asked and he answered it well. His teacher commented something about him being a "little preacher". It was cute and the term was meant as a compliment. I had never thought of him as such, but I can definitely see how it could be a fitting term.

Fast forward to yesterday and I was privy to a front row seat of our Little Preacher in action and it was one of those moments a mother will never forget. Rowan came down with a stomach virus yesterday afternoon. It struck during nap with no warning. Yes, nap is right after lunch. He ate well at lunch. You get the picture? I had a huge mess on my hands. I am used to cleaning up unexpected puke in the middle of the night. Justin and I have a very nice system worked out where I take puking kid to the tub to wash and soothe. He takes care of changing the bed and cleaning up the mess on that end of things. We can knock it out quickly.

Justin was obviously at work yesterday. Baylor was down for nap. Grayson and I were doing school work. Once I entered Rowan's room after hearing him scream hysterically I knew I needed back up. I got him to the tub, washed him, and then called Grayson up to sit with him while I cleared away the mess in the bed. I wanted him to stay in the tub while I cleaned in case he puked again. Although the bathroom is attached to his room, I didn't want to leave him unattended. I instructed Grayson to just sit on the toilet and keep an eye on his brother. I took sheets and bedding items to the other bathroom to rise before throwing in the washer. As I come back into the room I overhear Grayson saying,

"You know Rowie, you don't ever have to be afraid because God is always with you. Even when you are throwing up, he is right there. He doesn't think it is gross because he loves you so much. Even though throwing up is scary you don't have to be afraid because he is there. He can also give you what you need. If you want to feel better, just ask him. If you are hungry and need food, you can ask him. Here is a verse: 'And my God will supply all your needs. . .' I think maybe that is Genesis 4:19. Wait, maybe not. Anyway, God can give you everything you need."

BE STILL MY HEART!!!! What a sweet moment! What a sweet brother!!! What a little preacher! By the way that is part of Philippians 4:19. He was close.

No comments: