A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

ON THE VERGE

I am having one of those days. It often happens on Sundays, just before the start of a new week. I sit down and look at the calendar and begin to feel so very overwhelmed. There is so much to be done and I just wish the weekend could last a little longer. The next several weeks are particularly insane and right now my chest feels like I have a 50 pound weight sitting on it.

In 8 days Grayson will be five. I can't believe I am about to have a five-year old. Thinking about that gets me all teary and choked up. I also can't believe all that I need to get done before his two (one for family and one for his preschool friends) parties. Thank goodness we aren't doing a giant party this year inviting everyone we know. Boy then I would be a mess.

On top of that we have a million appointments (dentist, doctor, hair cuts), soccer, t-ball, church activities, and school activities going on. It just all seems to be showing up on the calendar at once. We have a big auction event at the preschool, a family day at my dad's company, and a walk for a local pregnancy center in the coming weekends. To top it all off, we leave for a week at Disney in less than a month.

The next weeks will fly by. Before I know it all of these events will be over, I will have a five-year old, and we will be in Disney recovery mode. I know it will go by in a blink. I think that is where my stress comes from. Does that even make sense??? I know that I will get everything done. Come what may, I WILL get everything done. That is just what we do. However, I also want to enjoy every minute. I hate that I often get in "just get it all taken care of" mode and feel like I miss out on the joy of the moments.

I can't be the only person who feels this way. Am I crazy for stressing over not enjoying it all enough? I get in this state where I feel like I am on the verge of it all going awry at any moment and I just miss the joy of the moments.

Here is what I realize as I am mulling over this insane cycle I get in, this cycle where I start to panic on a Sunday evening about the business of the coming week(s). I have to give it all up. Not in the sense of throwing in the towel. I have to give it up to the Lord. I am not in control, He is. I can't do any of this without Him. I am freaking for no reason. He does care about even the smallest details of our lives because He cares about me.

Philippians 4:6 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Matthew 7:9-11 says “Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”.

So, I will take comfort. I will give it all up to Him. I will ask for the strength, stamina, and persistence to get it all done. I will also ask that I am able to soak it all in and enjoy every moment and I know He will provide for all of that. With that peace I can easily face tomorrow and the next several weeks.

No comments: