A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Monday, September 19, 2011

WELLNESS PLAN

That is what I need. A wellness plan for our family. I am home from work sick again today. I have a horrible sinus/cold thing. Everything hurts and it stinks. I or someone else in this house has been sick every month since sometime last fall. It is beyond frustrating. If the boys get sick I stay home with them, then I get sick and miss more work because I am sick. It is a horrible cycle. Not only do I get sick, but I seem to catch whatever they have and get ten times more sick than they did. I don't know if it is because I am older, pregnant, or my immune system just stinks. Regardless, things have to change.

Yesterday I posted on FB that I am looking for ideas for ways to keep my family well. I know families out there have different wellness plans they follow (diet, vitamin routines, etc.) and I want to know what other families are doing to stay well. I seriously feel like we are more sickly than most families. The idea that we have another baby on the way makes this even more stressful. Another baby means another body for the illness to jump to and more days of recovery for our family. It also means another little person going out in the world and picking up germs to bring back to the rest of us.

So although my lack of posting recently probably means I have all of two readers left, I would like some feedback from any moms out there about what I can do to keep my family well. Grayson already takes and multivitamin and I take my prenatal vitamins. We keep the house clean and I am sure to sanitize with Lysol and Clorox Wipes anytime someone gets sick. What else do I need to be doing?

P.S. I got another old post edited and posted. Check out "From The Mouths of Babes" in August.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

We are always sure to get rest, which seems to help. I always know we are more likely to get sick if we are always on the go. I know that's easier said than done, but it has helped us. Do you use a shopping cart cover for the boys? I have heard that shopping cart has more germs than a public toilet, yuck! We are also a little more intention about being sure to get veggie servings everyday. We definitely have a lot of room to improve when it comes to having a healthy diet, but I rarely let Abigail go a meal without a veggie (not counting bfast!). You could also try eating foods that are high in vitamin C :) Hope you are all feeling better soon!

gk said...

I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for the prayers you've been sending up for our family. It's been a rough week- trying to believe that God is still sovereign.