A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

PRESCHOOL

Last week Grayson started preschool. He is attending Hudson Memorial MMO (Mom's Morning Out) Program on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He is there from 9-12:30. We did all the preparation for school before we left for vacation. Pretty much all that is required at this age is a little backpack to carry his change of clothes and diapers in and a lunch bag.

Grayson loves his backpack. In fact, when we returned from vacation it was the first thing he went to. He put it on an wore it on his back for most of that evening. He does love his backpack.

Justin and I worked hard to make sure that he got to bed early and got plenty of sleep. The morning of I made his favorite breakfast (muffins, eggs, and fruit) and gave him plenty of time for the leisurely type of breakfast he enjoys. We got him ready all while talking about how he was going to go to preschool to play, learn, and make new friends. I am sure he was like, "yeah, sure, whatever you say."

We got to school after praying he would have a great day the whole way there. He got out of the car and wanted to walk in on his own with his backpack on his back. He would barely hold my hand in the parking lot. All I could think was, is this preschool or middle school?

We got into the building and he quickly realized that all of the big people were walking back out without their little people. Then he wanted to be held. By the time his teacher came to the door to greet him, he was acting like he didn't want to go in and starting to cry. I took him over to the hook with his name on it to show him were to hang his backpack. I put his backpack away and told him it was time to play. He said, "play?", went right into his teacher's arms and said "bye-bye". I was left standing there thinking, no, wait, that happened way too fast!!!!

Apparently he did great the whole day. When I arrived to pick him up he was really happy to see me and seemed very excited with trying to tell me about his day. That lasted until we got into the car and then he was out like a light before we even got out of the parking lot. I guess they wore him out.

Thursday's drop off didn't go as well. HE SCREAMED!!! I finally just had to walk away. The teacher told me when I came for pick-up that he only cried for a moment before he became very interested a toy.

This upcoming week brings another adjustment. After a weekend of spoiling with his Nana, Grayson is supposed to be going back to daycare. He has been out for the entire summer with me and his aunt Meg. He will go there on Monday, Wednesday, and/or Friday opposite of his preschool days. I will keep him out with me one of those three days as my schedule allows. I still want to be able to have plenty of Mommy and Grayson time.

I said he is supposed to be going to daycare because at this moment he has a terrible cold and a bit of a fever. You know you aren't supposed to send them if they have had a fever in the last 24 hours. I just love when God throws you a curve ball. Tomorrow is going to be the most hectic day at work I have had in a long time. I thought we had it all figured out with taking him to daycare tomorrow. Yeah, I am not sure at this point that is going to happen. We shall see.

No comments: