A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

TOO LONG

So it has been too long since I updated or shared anything about our little family. Things have been a real roller coaster with us and getting to the computer has been next to impossible.

To update, Grayson is now 9 months old! How crazy is that? I can't believe this year is going by so fast. I know that any day now I need to start thinking about how to celebrate his 1st birthday. For those of you who know me well enough, birthdays are a big deal in our house. Grayson has his 9 month check-up and as expected his is still considered "under weight". He is now completely off the growth chart at only 16 lbs, 14 ozs. We have to go back in 6 weeks to re-check weight. Other than that, things look great. He is developing well and the nurse and doctor both commented on how strong he is.

Grayson is now crawling all over and pulling up, especially in the bathtub where it is super slippery. He is eating all sorts of yummy finger foods and especially loves apples, carrots, green beans, and cheerios. He has become pretty attached to mommy and daddy. Justin and I had the opportunity to take a trip to Snowshoe a couple of weeks ago. Grayson spent 4 nights away from us (2 with Grammy and Pa-Pa and 2 with Granny and Granpa). He had a blast during his visit and got to spend lots of time with Aunt Bee and Peyton. I am sure he wasn't spoiled at all, but once we returned he was determined not to let us out of his sight. He has gotten over this a little bit at this point, but there are definately times when he doesn't want anyone by mommy. I can't lie, I don't mind those times. I have been blessed with a super snuggly little fella and I welcome every minute of cuddles I can get. Grayson is still loving all the toys he got for Christmas and has really figured out how to "work them" pretty well.

On the parent side of things, Justin was laid off a little over a week ago. This was very unexpected. We know that all things happen according to God's plan and we are praying daily that He will reveal our next step to us. We have been surrounded by the prayers and support of friends and family, which has only reminded us just how blessed we are. We are so loved by so many amazing people and that has made this recent life change a little less tough to swallow.

So I must end this update now. My little fella is in the tub and I must go take part in what is always the most fun part of our day. He does love his bath! We have a few more details to update on, but I will get to those soon enough. Stay Tuned!!!!

No comments: