A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

UNDER THE WEATHER

I have been sick. Like can't get off the couch sick for several days. The details I will spare you. I only say that to say that this new year hasn't gotten off to the start I expected. My Christmas decorations are still up, the house is a wreck, and although the boys are back to their half-day programs we have not started homeschool back up. Our planned start back date was January 6th. That was yesterday. I haven't even changed the calendar in our homeschool room from December. I am trying to not let it get the best of me. I am trying to be a little more go with the flow. I am trying to really take on and appreciate the flexibility of homeschooling. That kind of flexible attitude that says, "Oh it isn't a big deal. We will catch up." I know I have friends who do it. Just this year a friend moved and from what I understand they pretty much ceased all schooling for a few weeks. I have another friend who just had a baby. I am sure that really rocks the daily schedule. Their feathers do not seem ruffled at all. I know that other moms get sick. It happens. In fact, I would probably feel a lot better overall if I didn't feel like there was a huge dark cloud over my head that thunders, "You should be doing school stuff today." I guess I am just a little new to this and a little too used to the institution of school taking place a certain way. I know I will get more flexible with time and I hope a little more laid back. For now, I am just going to have to turn it over to the Lord for peace of mind and pray that Grayson does not forget how to read or add before I get back on my feet.

No comments: