A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Monday, November 2, 2009

BOO

Halloween has come and gone. It was a blast. We had lots of friends and family over for the big night. Grayson was a dinosaur. I will try my best to get a picture up here soon. I know I am terrible about that. He was adorable and loved his costume.

We practiced on Friday evening and Saturday morning trying to get him to say Trick or Treat. He could say it, but never did the entire time we were trick or treating. We had some of Grayson's friends over. Peyton was a horse, Rin was a love bug, and Lexie was Pooh Bear. They were all adorable.

After everyone arrived we loaded the kids up in the wagon and headed out to pay a visit to the neighborhood. All of the costumes described above were full furry suits purchased in early October by well intentioned parents who were determined to keep their kiddies warm while out on a late October evening. I don't remember a Halloween that has been remotely warm. Well low and behold this year it was like mid-July out. Here we are pulling these kids around the hilly neighborhood in a monster wagon. As if that wasn't enough work, at each stop we would get the kids out, help them up the sidewalk, carry them up the steps, and then put them down so they can get their treats, pick them back up, and go back to the wagon. All of us were sweating like freaks! It was crazy hot! I think we made it to like 10 houses before we were all too hot and exhausted to keep going.

The kids seemed to have a blast and that made it all worth while. After the first house Grayson totally got the concept that when he went to the door and Mommy said, "trick or treat" (because even after all that practice he acted like he didn't have a clue what to say) he got candy. He loved it!

After trick or treating we came back to our house for a hot dog and mac and cheese dinner. We had lots of friends over from our small group and then my mom, troy, ret, my dad, Brooke, Bradley, and Peyton came. I selected our menu based on what my mom served my sister and I every Halloween of our childhood and our friends brought other sides. The hot dog tradition continues!

Unfortunately Sue wasn't able to come. She was actually in Raleigh at Wake Med. Sue had back surgery last Thursday. The surgery went well and she is home now, but was in no shape to join us on Halloween. Instead we took Grayson up to see her on Sunday in his costume. We are praying for a speedy easy recovery for Granny Sue.

So Halloween has passed. I am already thinking about what we can dress Grayson up as next year. HMMMMMMM.

No comments: