A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

TRUE FRIENDS

Many people say that true friends are few and far between or most people can count their true friends on one hand. It always makes me wonder what others consider a "true friend". For me a true friend is someone you can count on to be there when things aren't great in your world. True friends don't need to ask if something is wrong, they just know. Those friends know when you are upset about something and if they should distract you, make you laugh, or cry with you. True friend celebrate your successes because they really are so happy to see you achieve. True friends can get together with no plans at all and have the best time ever. True friends love you just the way you are. Most importantly at this point in my life, true friends remember the lost daughters I can't go a moment without thinking about.

Every now and then God speaks to the heart of someone and through that person or people reminds us just how blessed we are. Last week I got one of those reminders.

I know four of the most amazing women in the world. These ladies are beautiful, successful, genuine, strong, reliable, loving, faithful, generous, and too many other amazing characteristics for me to list. During college and graduate school these ladies walked into my life and haven't walked away once since. My Boone Girls, Beth, Kelly, Meka, and Sarah, are true friends to me. We have laughed, cried, celebrated, comforted, and supported each other for many years now.

My daughters would be 5 months old now if they have survived delivery and 8 weeks old if they had made it full term. There are days that I feel like I am the only person in the world that thinks about them. I know in my heart that is not at all true. Many people loved them, but it is easy to get to feeling that way on a tough day. I came home last week after a particularly rough week. I was down about things in general. You know, feeling really sorry for myself.

I came home to a package on the counter. My first thought was that my mom used a REALLY big box to ship my contacts to me. Then I looked at the handwriting and the return address. I was from Kel! I opened the box to find the most uplifting card from my Boone girls. They wrote that they were thinking of me and that they would always remember Faith and Avery. Then came the tears. Inside the box was a Chamilia bracelet. On it were two charms, a little boy and twin girls. Charms to represent my children! It is honestly one of the most amazing and touching gifts I have ever received.

I can't express to these girls how much they mean to me. It is beyond a great blessing to have them in my life. I am blessed to be able to call those beautiful women my friends. I have other true friends too. So many people who have supported me during the last few months. SO, I can't count my true friends on one hand nor are my true friends few and far between. God knew I needed some extra blessing in that department of my life. Last week He reminded me that I am not only blessed with amazing friends, but I am not alone in missing and remembering Faith and Avery. What a Gift!!!!

No comments: