A Lot About Us

A Lot About Us

About Me

My photo
We are the Caldwells. Justin, Nicole, our little guys, Grayson, Baylor, and Rowan, and our angel daughters, Faith and Avery.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

SAYING "SEE YA LATER"

All of us are feeling pretty sad this weekend. Grayson's aunt Megan moved out yesterday afternoon to return to school in Greensboro for the Fall semester. We were more than sad to be seeing her go.

Megan has been living with us since I came home from Duke on May 10th. Originally we planned for Megan to come help while I was on bed rest. At the time I had an opening for an office assistant at my office and we were in desperate need for some help around the house. After the birth of Faith and Avery we encouraged Megan to keep her original plan to come and stay for the summer. Having her here gave her the opportunity to work at Southeast part-time which was nice because she is in school for Speech Pathology. It also gave me the opportunity to pull Grayson out of daycare for the summer. On the days that Megan wasn't working she kept Grayson so that I could go into the office. It was a wonderful arragement for us and I hope that Megan felt the same way.

Megan was such a blessing to us all summer. She did a fabulous job at the office (everyone LOVED her), she was wonderful with Grayson, and she was incredibly helpful around our house. I also think having Megan here really helped with the healing from the loss of our twins, especially that first week. It so was nice for me to not be home alone during that time. Not only was Megan very helpful, but she was GREAT company. We had so much fun with her. I am not sure what it will be like next week when we don't have her funny stories over dinner or her commentary during tv time. I also don't know how Grayson is going to feel when he realizes his Aunt "Ga" isn't returning on Sunday evening like she typically did.

So on Friday we bid a "See ya later" to Megan. We were sad to see her leave our house, but very happy for Megan to begin the next chapter of her life. She only has 3 semesters of undergraduate left and then grad school. Maybe after that she will find her way back to Raleigh for a new job at Southeast as a Speech Therapist. I am sure we wouldn't mind that one bit. She is a pretty amazing person and I know that God has great things in store for her, regardless of where that path leads her.

No comments: